An EIGHT-year-old girl has been killed in an explosion at a crematorium in Cambodia after her relatives poured petrol on her late grandmother's casket to make it burn faster, Police say.
Twelve others, all mourners attending the funeral service, were injured in the blast in eastern Kampong Cham province, Stung Trang district police chief Chea Thearith told AFP.
One male relative was in a critical condition in hospital, he said.
"The fire wood was still wet and did not burn well. So the relatives of the deceased bought two litres of petrol and poured it into the furnace," the Police Chief said.
"Soon after they closed the doors there was an explosion."